Stuffed peppers are an easy dinnertime staple. Stuffed with a savory blend of beef and rice and topped with a tangy tomato sauce, these peppers are loved by even the pickiest eaters.
1 hour 25 minutes
1 c. water
1/2 c. long grain white rice
6 green bell peppers
2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring water to a boil, add rice and reduce heat. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly browned.
- Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the peppers. Arrange in a baking dish with the hallowed sides faced upward.
- In a bowl, combine the beef, rice, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and onion powder. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add an even amount of the beef mixture to each pepper. Mix remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers.
- Bake for 1 hour, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until peppers are softened.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.